- The guarantee, validation or assurance that whatever was backed up is recoverable when required is vital. Data stored in the cloud of the service provider must undergo regular integrity checks to make sure of its recoverability.
- BUR (BackUp & Restore) services from the cloud must provide a great variety of granularity when it comes to Recovery Time Objective or RTOs. A one-size-fits-all solution works neither for the customers nor the applications within the environment of the customer.
- The customer should not have to manage the back-end storage archive to back up and recover data.
- The interface used by the customer has to enable data selection to recover or protect, destruction dates, the establishment of retention times as well as scheduling.
- Cloud backup has to be an active process in which data is collected from systems which store the original copy; which means that cloud backup won’t require data to be copied into an appliance from where data is collected before being transferred to and stored in the data centre of the service provider.
- Cloud BUR uses standard networking protocols to transfer data between the service provider and the customer.
- Repositories or vaults must always be available to restore data to any location connected to the Service Provider’s Cloud through public or private networks.
Scalable And Elastic
- Cloud BUR makes available flexible allocation of storage capacity to customers with no limit whatsoever. Storage is divided based on demand and de-allocated as customers remove backup sets as they age.
- Service Providers are enabled by Cloud BUR to allocate storage capacity for a customer. If they later delete their data or no longer need the same capacity, the Service Provider can then reallocate and release that same capacity to a different customer in an automated fashion.
Metered By Use
- Cloud Backup enables customers to align the cost of protecting data with its value. It is obtained on a per-gigabyte per month basis. The prices may vary based on the type of data such as email, files databases etc., age, number of backup copies, volume and RTOs.
Shared And Secure
- The leading enabling technology for Cloud Backup is a native cloud full-stack multi-tenant platform.
- Data portability or mobility prevents service provider lock-in and permits customers to move their data from one Service Provider to another, or completely back into a dedicated Private Cloud.
- Cloud security is of utmost importance. One customer must never have or get access to another customer’s data. In addition, even Service Providers must not be able to access their customer’s data without the prior permission of the customer.
Enterprise-class Cloud Backup
An enterprise cloud backup solution needs to include cache on-premises to regulate any issues because of inconsistent Internet connectivity. Hybrid cloud backups work by storing data on a local disk so that the backup can be done at high speed, and then the backup software or a D2D2C (Disk to Disk to Cloud) application encrypts and sends data to a service provider, which adds protection against physical disasters.